Tim McKernan began figure skating at age 9 in freestyle before transitioning to ice dance.
Area of specialization
Ice dance, free style.
Qualified for 10 US Nationals 2003-2012 in Ice Dancing
- 2007 Pewter medal, Junior level
- 2009 Pewter medal, Junior level
- 2008 Silver medal, Junior Level
- 2011 7th place finish at the senior level
- 2005 Intermediate National Champion
- 2004 Bronze Medal, Juvenile level
- Competed for Team USA at 7 different international competitions from 2005 to 2009
- 3- Time US Senior Shadow Dance Champion
- Competed 2 seasons for Australia and qualified for Four Continents in 2017 & 2018
- Began coaching in 2006 in Colorado Springs,Colorado
- Began coaching private lessons in Michigan 2009
- PSA member since 2011 and A-Certified since 2013 to present
- USA Sectional Ice Dance Technical Specialist since 2009. (With this appointment he is up to date on what is needed for one to achieve the
- highest level possible in IJS) – He is also working towards a National and ISU appointment.
- Timothy has taken 2500+ partnered tests since the beginning of 2012 with a high success rate
- Member of USFSA Athlete Advisory Committee for 7 years (2009 – 2016)
- Former coaches: Marina Zoueva, Igor Shipiband, Christopher Dean, choreographer Tom Dickerson and Patti Gottwein
- Previous skating partners include Piper Gilles(USA), Shannon Wingle (USA) and Kimberly Hew-low (AUS)
Learn more about Tim McKernan on Wikipedia.
Sign up to skate with Tim and all of our esteemed ice skating coaches, September 23-27, 2019 at Valley of the Sun Adult Skate Camp in Chandler, Arizona.